In two years of constructing our home and working with several contractors, Drury Design was the only company we didn’t have a problem with. They have great products and they really delivered on what they said they would throughout the design process. They helped me design pieces that looked exactly like I imagined. It works really well because function is built in. My kitchen is gorgeous and they even showed me where to put everything. We highly recommend them.
How We Work
The Drury Design Difference
We have found designing intimately personal spaces, such as kitchens and bathrooms, are best achieved through a systematic process uncovering your individual goals. Once these goals are established, we can address them with specific custom solutions. Honed over the past 25 years, it is in this premise you will find Drury Design’s distinct advantage.
Our goal is to inform and educate our clients at every opportunity in the home interior designing process. As partners in this, design options and their potential benefits are reviewed to help Drury Design clients make enlightened and educated decisions to uncover the ideal room design solution. Our client's final selections are then made with the help of our 7,500 sq. ft. Chicago home room design studio. An extensive array of full-size room vignettes and surface material samples await the interactive look and feel for final decisions.
From the moment we meet until our dedicated carpenters and tradesmen say good-bye, you and your project will receive our team's full attention. From your visions - our plans come completed projects which are continually recognized as some of the finest examples of kitchen and bath design available today.
CLIENT-FOCUSED DESIGN™ PROCESS AND SERVICES
Initial In-home Design Consultation ( Designer / Client Interview )
- • View home and space to be renovated
- • Go over client ideas, magazine tear sheets and preferences
- • Review Drury Design’s portfolio of completed projects
- • Preliminary brainstorming
- • Initial budget discussion including home value / remodel investment parameters, client goals, and cost estimates
- • Design retainer approved
Once retained Drury Design’s Client-Focused design process starts with a field measure and is usually completed in six phases. Depending on the complexity and number of rooms to be designed, client meetings are usually scheduled in two week intervals.
1. PHASE ONE: Discovering Your Design Personality
- • Site visit made to client’s home for field visit and to measure the existing space
- • Complete a Drury Design client-focused design questionnaire
- • Confirm project budget and design goals
- • Sketch out project parameters: scope, timing and materials
2. PHASE TWO: Planning Your Ideal Space
- • Multiple floorplan layouts are presented
- • The various merits of each are discussed
- • A final layout is agreed upon often combining elements from several different floorplans
3. PHASE THREE: Drawing Out Details
- • Review comprehensive floorplan
- • Select cabinetry, finishes and materials
- • Discuss various options and related costs
4. PHASE FOUR: Finalizing Parameters
- • Finely detailed line-item final proposal is presented
- • Review responsibilities and timing
- • Confirm final agreement
5. PHASE FIVE: Scheduling Your Installation
- • Final mechanical and electrical drawings are completed
- • Construction schedule prepared and presented including start and target completion date
- • Installation process commences and is completed including the coordination of all necessary trades
6. PHASE SIX: Perfecting Your Project
- • Final Walk through
- • Punch list is created
- • Finished to your satisfaction
Take a walk through our Drury Design Media Video Gallery to learn more about our client-focused design™ process and services.