What personal information do we collect from our users?
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, approximate geographic location, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Note that if you disable cookies, there may be parts of our Site that may not function properly.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Information You Provide
Additionally, when you visit the Service, we may either require or collect “Personal Information.” Personal Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. For purposes of this policy, your Device Information is included within the discussion of “Personal Information” (unless we clearly state otherwise herein).
In the following instances, we collect and require you to actively submit Personal Information:
- When you fill out the website contact form on our Site, you must provide us with your name, city, email address, and phone number.
- When you start a chat with us on our Site, you must provide us with your name, email address, and phone number. We store this information in our customer relationship management system provided by Zoho CRM.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, you must provide us with your email address.
- When you call us, we may store your contact information in our CRM system (Zoho CRM).
Information We Receive or Collect from Other Third Parties
We may receive or collect information about you from third parties and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. For instance, if you contact us through Houzz, we may collect any of the information you provided to Houzz (and add such information to our CRM system).
How do we use the information we collect?
We use your Device Information to monitor the usage of our Site, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer or mobile device, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Site. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
We use the Personal Information you provide us when you fill out our website contact form, chat with us on our Site, contact us through third party platforms such as Houzz, or otherwise contact us for more information about our services in order to perform basic business functions. This may include contacting you regarding a potential project you inquired about, sending you additional information about our design services, and communicating with you as part of an active project.
In addition to the foregoing, we may also use your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including to:
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our Site, and other products and services we offer
- Tailor the content we display in our communications with you
- Administer surveys and other market research
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies (including to verify users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests)
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our Site), and claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide
How do we share the information we collect?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information. However, we share your Personal Information with others for the purposes described below:
- We share your name and email address with MailChimp to assist with our email and marketing communications. For more information on how MailChimp uses your Personal Information, see: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- We share the contact information you provide us, including your name, address, city, zip code, email address, and phone number, with Zoho CRM to assist us with our customer relationship management. Zoho also powers our online chat tool that you may use to communicate with us. For more information on how Zoho uses your Personal Information, see: https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html.
- We may aggregate and/or de-identify any Personal Information or Device Information that you provide or we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis, marketing, and business planning – without restriction.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- We may disclose Personal Information you provide us in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of the Site, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets, or other corporate change of our company.
- We may share your Personal Information whenever you specifically consent to us doing so.
When you provide us consent to do so (either upon contacting us through our Site or through our normal marketing communications), we will communicate with you through general marketing communications. You must affirmatively opt-in to receive these communications before you receive them.
Regardless of where you live, you may also opt-out of these marketing communications at any time by following the instructions provided in any marketing communication you receive. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, you may still receive-business related communications, such as transactional emails.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Personal Information About Children
Our Site is targeted primarily for use by adults. We do not currently market to or create special areas for use by children. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect age identifying information, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 years. However, we hereby advise all visitors to our site under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any personally identifiable information on our Service. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec08.shtm for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s personally identifiable information from our files to the extent technologically possible.
How is your information protected?
We strive to maintain internal controls and procedures to ensure that the Information you share with us is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. We have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. Our databases are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized persons in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences. Nevertheless, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Linking to Third-Party Service
When you click on links on our Service that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Service or browsing on your own.
Access to and Managing Your Information; Opt-Out
We believe it is important for you to be able to: (1) find out what Personal Information you have provided to us through our Service; (2) update your Information; or (3) “opt out” of receiving future marketing communications. To inquire about your Personal Information, update your Personal Information, or “opt” out of receiving future marketing communications, please send an email with your request and current contact information to [email protected]
We generally respond to email requests within 24 hours of receiving a request, but it may take up to 30 days depending on the volume of requests we receive.
We retain your Personal Information as long as is necessary and relevant for our operations, and in accordance with applicable laws.
California Privacy Rights
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us: Drury Design Ltd., 512 N. Main St. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.
Changes to this Policy?