Bright Modern Bathroom – Glen Ellyn, IL
Designer: Diana Burton
This client is in the beauty industry, so – in additional to great style – she has more beauty products than most people do. Before the renovation, there were products all over the counters and in temporary roll-in shelving units that got wheeled into the bathroom.
It was time for a change.
- Add tons of storage
- Feature blingy, reflective materials
- Improve lighting
- Omit unused built-in tub
- Create a large luxurious shower
- Include large mirrors to the ceiling
With the right storage solutions, a bathroom loaded with products and gadgets can look virtually empty. Elegance and order contribute to living life artfully.
- Standard vanities don’t offer much storage
- The existing window was in an ideal spot for a shower
- The client prefers large mirrors, so we needed an alternative to medicine cabinets
- Replace the existing window with a waterproof privacy window
- Create dresser-style vanities with u-shaped drawers for maximum storage
- Include a tall cabinet with roll-out shelves for maximum storage and organization
The Renewed Space
Beauty products and daily needs are organized and out of the way – out of sight but easy to access. With a creative, modern palette of colors, patterns and textures, the bathroom’s aura is inviting, relaxing and luxurious.
- Brand: Cambria
- Type: Quartz
- Color: Whitney
- Brand: Drury Custom
- Finish: Glacier
- Door style: Shaker
- Elegant oversized mirrors with metal trim
- Sleek waterfall edge
- Two tall niches in shower to hold lots of hair products
- Large-format porcelain on floor with natural marble look
- Wall mount vanity with LED lighting in toe space
- Textural large-format tile in shower with pearlized, reflective quality
- 13 x 6.6″