Spa-Inspired Primary Bath – Highland Park, IL
Designer: Diana Burton
Just like the kitchen remodel downstairs, we weren’t really retooling the overall layout for this master bathroom. The existing floor plan was a mindful match for the owners’ needs. The idea was to update the space and take it to the next level – we’re talking tranquility, luxury and a nook for making that first cup of the day!
- Keep existing layout
- Create a serene, spa-like feel
- Use a monochromatic, soothing palette with lots of texture
The challenge was in selecting materials in a monochromatic palette that would all work in harmony.
- Light Shou Sugi Ban look tile on floor creates a quiet backdrop and textural interest
- Dimensional tile in shower adds drama
- Stone herringbone offers contrast to other lighter materials
The Renewed Space
The clients love their fresh, neutral bath and feel confident the finishes will endure over time.
- Brand: Compac
- Type: Quartz
- Color: Unique Bianco
His and hers vanities offer tons of counter space and storage
Tall linen cabinets flanking tub provide lots of space for towels and linens
Coffee nook for early morning espressos
Gorgeous, earthy floor tile mimics Japanese Shou-sugi Ban
Dimensional tile adds interest in Shower
Mini stone herringbone complements large format tiles
- 25 x 13